Thursday, November 3, 2016

Felted Wood Flowers

I finished fusing and hand appliquing these 20 flowers in felted wool. When my sister saw me working on them, she fell in love with them. She didn't like how I was going to put them together, so I am just giving her the blocks and she can piece them however she likes. haha

They came from this book.

book.jpg

I used a batik for the background from my stash....leftovers from a Halloween quilt.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I appliqued them with variegated embroidery thread.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Some of them had added extras, fuzzy thread or rick rack or whatever.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Now that those are finished, I am on to another batch (from a different book)....also in felted wool. But this time i am just using the neutrals, no color.  And appliquing them with black embroidery thread. 

No comments:

Search This Blog