Tuesday, November 15, 2016

HSTeria II .... red and white

This was pieced back in May, 2014. Vicki Welsh was having a quilt along using HSTs and you know I had to join in....I wound up making 5 HST tops....and I'm not really a fan of HSTs. I guess i was using up a bunch of fabrics.

Here is the red and white one. It came out about 74x88". I quilted minimally on this one. the batting is very fluffy.

front.jpg

This is the original block

original block.jpg

This is the secondary pattern. I quilted 3 circles in the blocks

block 2.jpg

Border got piano keys; sashings got Xs; binding is a red and pink stripe

border and binding.jpg

Back came from the stash

back.jpg

Thread was Glide red for the top and Bottom Line tan for the bobbin

thread.jpg

There are still a couple more of the HST tops in the to-be-quilted cabinet...different colors.

No comments:

Search This Blog