Monday, December 30, 2013

December Git 'Er Done Challenge

It might be a good thing that this year is coming to an end. this was a tough month to get everything accomplished...but i did it. 

My 4 projects were:

1. Piece some batting parts to make whole battings to use. i only managed to get one finished...but 1 is better than none. this is 85x90" and it already is pieced with a top and backing...ready for quilting. 


2.  Finish any one of my UFOs....done.  I finished this one and called it Blue Country.


There are 6 machine embroidery blocks...this is the part that i had already and created the rest.


And 6 blocks of blue and white toile fabric.


And some wild blue and white sashings and border.


Now it just needs to be quilted.

3.  Quilt any of my quilt tops.  I quilted up My Tweets. it is a hand applique quilt....with wool felt...on a flannel background. it was pieced in 2012-2013. and finally finished quilting it yesterday. 


Lots of fun


Lots of small applique pieces.


4.  Cover chair cushions for the Duck with burlap coffee sacks. this was one coffee sack from Hawaii. i cut it in half and covered 2 cushions. it was really easy. 


I let the cushion ties hang out so i could tie them to the chairs.


I have another coffee sack that i was going to use for the other 2 cushions, but it is very coarse and heavy. i will use it for something else and find another nicer sack for my other 2 cushions. i'm on the lookout. hahaha

I don't know if there will be a Git 'Er Done Challenge in 2014....but i managed to keep up in 2013 and got everything accomplished. sometimes it was rough and i was pushing on the last day or two of the month. but i guess that is why it is called a 'challenge'. 

I think i am ready for 2014. i have lofty plans....as usual. i have about a 100 tops to quilt. and am seriously working on using up my stash of fabrics.....and scraps.....and selvages.....and threads.  sheesh!!   i think in about 10 years i'll use it all up. hahahahaha

See you in the New Year.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

No comments:

Search This Blog