Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Inchies....MQR Exchange....Summer 2008

This is...officially, my oldest UFO.   7 years, folks.  

Back in the summer of 2008 a bunch of us here on MQR decided to have an Inchie exchange. for those who might not know....an Inchie is a 1" square quilt.  there were 26 or 27 of us signed up.

I kept my Inchies on my studio desk...looking at them often. a couple times a year i would look at them at say to myself that i really need to do something with them. finally, last fall when i was getting my UFO list together....they went on the list. 

Now...UFO #27 is finished. it is 30x36" and has a sleeve so i can hang it in my studio.

front.jpg

I believe Carla Barrett was the coordinator for this event....as the Inchies came back to me inside this cutest ever chicken that Carla made.    remember Carla's Chicken Cartoons? Inchie Chicken will live on the Inchie wall hanging now.

Carla's chicken.jpg

I made 30 blocks and one of them is my label

label.jpg

OK y'all....who remembers doing this

2.jpg

Can you remember your Inchie after all these years

3.jpg

Most of them have names and dates written on the back. i wish i had been smart enough to write down all those names before sewing them to the blocks. 

4.jpg

I do remember JoAnn Gruber, Carla Barrett, Janet, Gretchen Adams, Sue, 2L, Sharon Spingler...

5.jpg

Who else?  

6.jpg

These are so cool...some have beads...some have buttons

7.jpg

Some have fancy threads...some have rhinestones or sequins

8.jpg

Back is a brown print that was in my stash

back.jpg

Threads used...tan Glide for top...brown So Fine for bottom

thread.jpg

I am so happy i finally got my Inchies together and they will hang in a place of honor.

Thanks again to all the ladies who participated and made this so much fun.

No comments:

Search This Blog