Another UFO is pieced....#15. this was just the book and fabrics in a box. i got it back out and started piecing on January 12, 2015 and finally finished it today, March, 14, 2015.
The pattern was in 4 issues of AQS magazine...from Fall 2007 through March 2008. i changed a few colors and deleted a few things. They had angelina fibers, paint, mesh fabrics, yarn, tulle, beads and other things incorporated into the blocks. i didn't want to take the time to do all of that. and it probably would not have been washable if i had.
But i still like it the way i did it.
When i quilt it i will add things like butterfly and dragonfly antennae and such.
The applique pieces are all batiks
I have some fullness issues in the borders that will have to be dealt with in quilting. that orange ribbon border was the problem i believe.
It is about 58" square. it may have to marinate in the TBQ cabinet for some time.