Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crazy Quilt I Spy

This was my second snow day project.

This also used up a lot of smaller pieces of novelty fabrics. They were stitched on the embroidery machine. every block is different.


I used a Christmas crazy quilt embroidery design set. i just stopped after the background pieces were stitched down and then moved to the stitching for the edges.


It is 43 x 50"


I started embroidering these some months ago and finished them February 14, 2015.


And they got pieced together on February 16, 2015


The blocks are 5" finished


I used each design 4 times....rotating it 90 degrees each time. that made the blocks look different and i didn't have to keep using a new design.


I'm using up a lot of my novelty fabrics so don't know how many more quilts there will be. i have lots of small pieces left...that might just wind up in crumb blocks. we'll see.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

It took me a minutes to figure it out but now I get it! Clever!

Search This Blog