Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crazy Quilt I Spy

This was my second snow day project.

This also used up a lot of smaller pieces of novelty fabrics. They were stitched on the embroidery machine. every block is different.

top.jpg

I used a Christmas crazy quilt embroidery design set. i just stopped after the background pieces were stitched down and then moved to the stitching for the edges.

1.jpg

It is 43 x 50"

2.jpg

I started embroidering these some months ago and finished them February 14, 2015.

3.jpg

And they got pieced together on February 16, 2015

4.jpg

The blocks are 5" finished

5.jpg

I used each design 4 times....rotating it 90 degrees each time. that made the blocks look different and i didn't have to keep using a new design.

6.jpg

I'm using up a lot of my novelty fabrics so don't know how many more quilts there will be. i have lots of small pieces left...that might just wind up in crumb blocks. we'll see.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

It took me a minutes to figure it out but now I get it! Clever!

Search This Blog