Thursday, January 3, 2013

Comfort and Joy sectin 1

I'm sewing along with Judy at www.patchworktimes.com ... we are working on the Comfort and Joy quilt this year. the pattern comes from www.silverthimblequilt.com  The goal for January was to finish Section 1.

Here is mine ...  I chose to follow the darker pattern rather than the lighter one. and i am using a box of Christmas fabrics that i got from a friend.


I love the little snowflakes on the flag for the blue section. and the red and green plaid for the door.


Mine will be very scrappy and bright. I fused it all together and will sew it down when it is quilted. this is going to be fun to quilt....lots of possibilities.

Ready for February's section 2.

And i also got fairy #4 fused together.  meet Miss Jasmine...


Here she is close up.  playing among the flowers. she is the first fairy with longer hair.


2 more to go in this series. they are going a little easier now but still takes a couple days to cut out all the pieces and get them fused together.

'Me' time is over for a few days....got to get started on a special quilt.

See you...

tomorrow

4 comments:

NurseBrandy said...

Love your block, and love love LOVE your fairy block, too!

Becky G said...

Sweet blocks. I saw the snowflakes in the flag and smiled. I do love this. Congratulations!

MTN MAMA said...

Love your blocks!! I am sewing along with "Comfort and Joy" too. Did you fuse your house block or do hand applique? I fused mine and am trying to decide if I need to blanket stitch around the edges in black. Any suggestions? I could also just stitch the edges down with invisible thread. Would love to have input. Keep up the great work!!

shirley said...

Mtn Mana....i just fused it for now. will do some stitching in the pieces during quilting. probably won't do a blanket stitch around the edges. but i do like the look of the blanket stitch in black....i did give that some consideration. LOL

Search This Blog