Friday, January 25, 2013

Nana's Garden

This sweet little quilt was designed by my friend, Marilea, and put together but a nice lady out in California. she has been patiently waiting for me to finish this one. it is on its way to her tomorrow.

I didn't do anything too extravagant. lots of SID. thread colors to match. it is 48x48"


I SID around the applique and the sashings


I put flowers in the baskets


Just SID around the applique flowers


Flowers in the setting triangles.  the light colored border has lines that i followed for the crosshatch.


Yellow flower border got leaves


Backing was the same as the light border with the X's.


Here's a closer look. 


She had brought me 4 tops to quilt for her back in the summer. I finally got the last one finished. i am kind of slow these days.



No comments:

Search This Blog