Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Friendly Folk

I've been kind of busy the last couple of days. everything seemed to come together at once....UFOs....quilting.  this was on the frame for a couple weeks. i started it and then let it sit there while i played elsewhere.

Pieced April 20, 2013, finished quilting December 23, 2014.

front.jpg

I THINK it was a panel that i found in a quilt shop on one of my many shopping moments. 

heart.jpg

It sat around in the stash for quite some time before i pieced it

house.jpg

I did SID around the object inside the block.

pineapple.jpg

And then SID around the outside of the block and both sides of the line inside the block.

rabbit.jpg

I left the backgrounds unquilted for the the folk art feel.

tree.jpg

I have no idea what the hell this thing is supposed to be. looks like a potato with sprouts. hahaha

vase.jpg

The back was something i found in the stash. i have no clue where it came from. i really don't remember buying it. 

back.jpg

When you have so much stuff in the stash that you don't remember seeing it before....that is sad.

back close.jpg

The sashing has something i don't do well at all...but it goes fast. sort of curves or hills....going one way and then back the other way. i can't seem to get them the same size or width....so it is just as well that you can't see them too well.

Border got cross hatching with my new Jamie Wallen ruler. i kind of struggled with that. have to go watch that video again. 

I will celebrate one more quilted and out of the cabinet. 

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Cute! I also think the thing is a potato.

Search This Blog