It is no wonder i have so many UFOs.....i don't even know what possessed me to start this one. there were hundreds of 3 1/2" squares in the box.
But, thankfully, a bunch of them were already pieced into rows. there were rows of singles, and rows of 9 patches. and a row of doubles. so, i just put those rows all together....put the rest of those hundreds of 3 1/2" squares in the box with more just like them for a future project. this is 68 x 92"
I cut out all those squares on February 29, 2012 and started piecing those rows.
They are put together with a single row, a triple row, a single row, a triple row, a single row, a double row, a single row, a triple row, a single row, a triple row, a single row, a triple row, and a single row. i think that is correct. single rows between the 9 patch rows and the double row.
Would have showed up a bit easier if i had made the single rows all one color or one shade.
It wasn't too large so i used a fabric that i had for a wide 12" border. might not be all that terrific, color-wise....but it is more fabric out of the stash and another UFO out of the stack.
works for me. but, another into the to-be-quilted cabinet. sigh!!