Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I Spy Crazy Quilt

I recently got a truck load of fabrics from my cousin....who got them from a lady who was cleaning out her mom's house.

There was a ton of Christmas fabrics....and I Spy fabrics.

I decided to make an I Spy quilt using my crazy quilt embroidery templates. these go really fast.


I just sewed down the pieces and did the stitching around the pieces.


I skipped the fancy stitches on the edges and any designs in the blocks.


This frog came to me from my embroidery machine repair people. they always give you a design that they made with your machine to show it is working well. I'm happy there was a large space where froggy fit.


I have so many fabrics to choose from, that I am using each fabric only once. Some, like the red and white stripe, are just ordinary, but I figure that will work, too.


The lemon here and the orange slice two blocks up are from the same fabric, but are different fruits, so I can use those. there are more...carrots, pears, etc. that will be in future blocks.


And some, like the red bricks, aren't a 'picture' of something, but still work. i guess it is a picture...of red bricks. haha


Some fabrics, like the ruler here, have other things in that fabric that can be used as well.


Each block has about 7 spaces...and if I make 30 blocks, i will need 210 different fabrics. I think I can do that. Each block is trimmed to 7 1/2". If I have enough fabrics left after 30 blocks, I'll see if I can make a few more and make it a little larger.



1 comment:

Preeti said...

These adorable blocks will make a super-cute quilt which will make some kid squeal with delight.

Search This Blog