Monday, December 31, 2018

UFO Challenge for December, 2018

Although it looks like I was busy quilting all month, I actually did most of these in the last week. I pushed myself to do a quilt a day. It was tiring. I quilted 15 this month...although 6 of them were doll quilts...that i did in one day. haha

#1...Butterflies Abound


#2..Country Sights


#3..Cowboy Christmas.


#4..Flowers on 4 Patches


#5..Strip Blocks with Maroon Borders


#6..Past and Present


#7..Pink Selvage Tumblers


#8..Mrs Bobbins


#9..Flannel Squares


#10-15...6 Doll Quilts







On the embroidery side, I made two purses for twin girls...one pink and one purple.  they open up like pages in a book and have many pockets to hold glasses, money, credit cards, MP3 player, cell phone, lip balm, mirror, nail file, and other things. oh, and keys on a key ring.



And I have so far embroidered 24 I Spy crazy quilt blocks with loads of fabrics that I recently got in a truckload deal. each piece is different. here are a few samples.




I still managed quite a bit of piecing this month, too.

I've been making art type blocks with zippers. so far, I have 5...here is a sample. All the backgrounds will be the same. The blocks are 9x12". I'll make 12.

This one has curly leather laces.


This one has folded fabric.


Other things that I have finished piecing this month are...

#1..Coin Collecting


#2..Green Selvage Roundabout


#3..I Spy Flowers


#4..Drunken Christmas Trees


And, I'm working on a pattern called Spirit of the Northwoods. So far, I have done 6 of 12 blocks. They are 20" blocks. I am using flannel for the middle square in a square and the outer border. The parts are fused. Here are a few...

Moose Meadow


Chickadee Chatter


Fly Fishing


Now, I am anxious to start a new year and see what things I can create. one of my things I want to do next year is keep better stats on my projects. I'm going to make myself an Excel worksheet to keep track of things.

Happy New Year to all.















No comments:

Search This Blog