Monday, December 3, 2018

November UFO Challenge report

November was a busy month.....but not all of it in the studio.

I did get my UFO finished for the month....it is called Meow. It was a simple jelly roll with cat fabrics.


And the back has cats, too.


I quilted two other things, too. One that my sister had pieced. I call it Cindy's Raggedy Flowers.


And I quilted a purple selvage quilt for my cousin.


There was more piecing than quilting...as usual.

Pumpkins Gone Wild


Butterflies and flowers. These were appliqued and embroidered on the embroidery machine. i used white selvages for the background of the blocks.


Cowboy Christmas.  Machine embroidery with mylar...so the blocks are shiny.


Funky Fish.  Machine embroidery on flannel


Halloween Alphabet.  another machine embroidery


Quackers....for the duck hunter


Selvage blocks with maroon borders


Mrs. Bobbins.  a cartoon panel cut apart and selvages added at the corners.


Reflecting Pools.  A pattern I found in a magazine.


Sew Preeti blocks. found on Preeti's blog.


Well, I quilted 3 and pieced 10....that is not helping my UFO piles at all. haha

The embroidery projects I worked on were...

Broomhilda's Bakery.....the coolest Halloween Quilt I have ever seen.  There are so many different techniques in these blocks. This is part of the top left section. There are embroidery blocks, pieced blocks, and simple fabric blocks. The orange flower on the witch's hat is 3D.  The eyeballs in the apothecary jar are embroidered; the jar is clear vinyl. The spider on the pie is all fuzzy.


Here are more blocks that have been made. The frog is under a clear vinyl cake holder. The orange sock with the black polka dot shoe is cut like chenille. All the blocks are adorable.


The other embroidery thing I worked on is also a Halloween quilt....called Trick or Treat. Is is being done on black fabric.


I don't hold out much hope for December to be too productive, but I will do what I can. I keep trying to quilt more and piece less but it doesn't seem to happen.

But, I am having loads of fun...and that is all that counts in my book.






No comments:

Search This Blog