Friday, December 21, 2018

Zipper Flowers 2 and 3

More zipper flowers.....

#2  This one used a ready made flower from a leather purse. I knew I would find a use for that when I saved it. I just trimmed the background down and held up the petals to sew it down.



The bud was made by curving the zipper around a bit and sewing a piece of pink lace over it. the leaf is craft foam. in its naked stage, it is hard to sew down as the machine does not want to slide over it. I'll need to cover it to use one again.


#3  This one was a bear to sew down. i wrestled the ends down and then hand stitched it a bit to try and flatten it out some. the flower is a braided leather purse handle, tied in a knot. I especially like the long zipper pull


The bud is 3 pieces of lace sewn down. and the leaves are bits of fusible green fabric that i found in the box of 'stuff'. guess i saved those bits just for this. haha


I had to piece the background for this block to get 12 backgrounds. now that piece of funky fabric will be gone. got to figure out the next block now.



No comments:

Search This Blog