Sunday, May 31, 2020

And, also....Blue Madness IV.....hahaha

I made more blue blocks and discovered I had enough to make Blue Madness IV. never had 4 madness quilts in one month....a first. And, actually, I still have a shoebox size box of blue scraps left. But, I am done with blue for a while. It was truly a madness month.

It's a larger one also....10x13 blocks....60x78". I decided to make a pattern of sorts with the HSTs and the 4 patches in this one.


The HSTs are going the same way in each line of them....the flowered fabric is always on the bottom.


The 4 patches with the dark squares followed the HSTs on the bottom



The 4 patches continued along the HSTs at the top, but there are no dark squares so they don't show as much...but they are there....oriented in the same direction as those on the bottom.


I put a little piece of the St Louis Blue fabric....from the Blues Moon quilt top....in here, too.


I had 3 blocks left over. They will go in the box with the other multi-colored blocks and will wind up in a quilt someday.


This is my 'pattern'. I just drew out how many blocks I wanted to use....counted the HST blocks and the 4 patches and put them in my drawing so as to use them all and make some sort of design. My coding was to tell me which block went where. Primitive....but it works for me.


Now, I am done with blue for the month. I am going to catch up on a couple of things that got kicked to the curb before white starts for June tomorrow.



No comments:

Search This Blog