Saturday, May 9, 2020

Flannel Boxed Squares

I have quite a bit of flannel...and while I was using flannel selvages in the Blue Madness blocks for the month, I got to thinking about a flannel only quilt. So, I quit using the selvages and dug them all out....along with other flannel bits and pieces.

I had several scraps of a blue, so i cut 100 three inch blocks from that. Then bordered that with 1.5" widths of selvages. I tried not to use the same fabric in a block....but a couple snuck in there on me. haha


The top is a nice baby size ... it's 40x50"


I turned the blocks so seams only had to match at the corners.


There was 1 block left over, so it will go in the blue madness quilt that i am piecing.

This was a quick 2 day project and I am pleased with it. Now, back to those blue madness blocks. This better be a long month because I still have LOTS of blue selvages. I swear they multiply over night.



No comments:

Search This Blog