Sunday, May 3, 2020

Plan B for Blue May

This is my Plan B for the blue selvages for this month. I actually like these better than Plan A, but I will do both...there are plenty of selvages to go around.

I am covering a 9" block with blue selvages and then cutting an 8" circle out of it. Every circle has a strip of St Louis Blues fabric in it....it is the blue and yellow piece.


For the center of the quilt, I made a block made of all Blues fabrics. I don't have enough of one color of blue to put the circles, so I thought I might use black. what do you think?  Or maybe white?  Or all different shades of blues?


I want to place the circles so the Blues strips all point to the center. ... to the solid Blues circle.


I'm wondering if it would be easier to just applique the circles onto one piece of fabric rather than try to get them centered appropriately on each block. I'm thinking on it.


I'm also thinking that maybe I should make 4 more circles with just Blues fabric...like the center one.... and use them for the corners.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Oh, and the name of this one is Blues Moon.





No comments:

Search This Blog